Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fish Tacos


     Last Friday night, I had the team over for dinner. Not everyone was able to make it, but the majority of the team was there still. Ljungby has a tradition of eating tacos on Fridays. The only thing is that they don’t have a true grasp on Mexican food. For the Swedes, tacos are just ground beef. I wish I could take them to a Mexican restaurant in America to show them all the different kinds of tacos and Mexican food. Meghan and I participate in Taco Fridays, but I mix it up and make beef, chicken, or fish tacos. When the Swedes heard about fish tacos, their immediate responses were all ‘what in the world!?’ They had never heard of fish tacos before and thought it was the strangest thing. So I decided to have them all over for dinner and make them fish tacos!
     Everyone loved them! They were all asking how I made them step-by-step. One of the spices that I used on the fish is from America. One of the girls asked if she could buy my thing of seasoning! I also made Oreo balls for dessert.
      I am happy that everyone enjoyed all the food, and we all had a nice night just hanging out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment