Sunday, October 16, 2011

Elitseriepremiär

We had our first real match yesterday against Gislaved. We lost in 4 sets, 17-25 18-25 25-20 22-25. Once again, our serve receive showed to be a weakness. When we had a good pass, we were able to score. This makes it difficult for our setter, Meghan, to get the ball to me, but she did a good job of still getting me the ball as much as possible. At each match, they announce a 'best player' from each team. I got the award for our team which happened to be..... lottery tickets?! haha I have no clue why that was the gift, and sadly I don't think I even won any money. What a bummer! Our next match is October 29th at home against Örebro.
I am not completely sure what all of this means. Set indicates in what position you started the set. I have absolutely no clue what vote means. I don't really understand Points either. Serve is the total, errors, and aces. Reception is serve receive total, errors, and percentage. Attack is total, errors (such as hitting in the net or out of bounds), blocked (getting blocked), kills, and kill percentage. Kill percentage is different than the normally calculated attack percentage. Kill percentage is kills divided by total swings (ex. 11/21=.523). On the other hand, attack percentage is kills - total errors (errors and blocked) divided by total swings (ex. 11-1=10/21=.476). This is looked at more often because it takes into account errors as well as kills. Last BK stands for blocks. I am not exactly sure how they keep this statistic when it comes to block assists (where there are two players jumping on the block). I think they may just give the stat to only one of the blockers, but not completely sure. To view the full stat sheet, go to http://iof3.idrottonline.se/SvenskaVolleybollforbundet/Elitserien/Nyheter/Matchstats/ and click on Gislaved - Ljungby 3-1. You can also still watch the match at http://www.volleykanalen.se/.

No comments:

Post a Comment