Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!


Warning: I was very lame on New Year’s Eve.
     I had just gotten back from my Christmas break trips, and I didn’t really want to spend more money. Some of the girls on the team were going to Copenhagen. Another teammate, Selma, invited me to her parents house and then to another party. I decided to turn down all of the invitations. Meghan stayed home with me also. We decided to skip Swedish NYE and wake up in time for American NYE. I was asleep before midnight Swedish time. I woke at 6:00 though. Meghan made pancakes, and we had an American midnight breakfast. After we finally reached American midnight, I went straight back to bed!
Here is what I found out the next day…
     The party that my teammate invited me to ended up having a fight start out. The cops came, and at least one person had to go to the hospital.
     My friend that plays volleyball in Denmark and I had talked about meeting up in Copenhagen. She still went, but she did not have a great NYE either. I have to start by saying she was not drunk! The wine glass in her hand was the only alcohol she had all night. In Copenhagen, you are allowed to drink alcohol while walking around the city. She had dressed up for the night and was wearing heels. Her heel got caught in the cobblestone, and she tripped and fell. As I said she had a wine glass in her hand, she tried catching herself but her hand landed on the broken glass. She cut up her hand really bad and ended up having to go to the hospital and get stitches. She is a setter so she has to sit out from volleyball for a while.

Moral of the story: I may have been very lame on NYE, but at least, I was safe and didn’t go to the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment