Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7- Leaving Ljungby


     Today, I left Ljungby. Over the past week, I had said many goodbyes to all of my teammates and friends. My friend, Joel, was driving Emily and I to Copenhagen, but we decided to make a pit stop on the way. A bunch of my friends were taking a bus to Helsingor, Denmark for the afternoon. Daniel was supposed to go on the trip, but he drove there with us instead. We met up with the entire group and had lunch in the city center. We didn’t stay too long, but I’m still happy that we went so that I had one more opportunity to say goodbye to a lot of my friends.
     Joel, Emily, and I headed on to Copenhagen. This part of the trip was quite stressful! I was still trying to work out a place to leave my bags in Copenhagen while we traveled around for 3 weeks. I couldn’t get in touch with the girl that I was originally was supposed to leave my bags with. My friend, Tara, was sick so she couldn’t come and meet us in Copenhagen at the time that we were originally supposed to meet. Joel needed to get back to Ljungby, but we still had no place to take our bags! After many phone calls, I finally got in touch with another friend that was playing volleyball in Denmark, Jess. She was extremely nice and helpful in the whole situation. We were able to bring our bags to her apartment and leave them there until we would return on April 29th. We also planned it out that Emily and I could sleep there on the night of our return before we flew to America the next day.
     I had to say goodbye to Joel, and that was really difficult. He became one of my best friends in Ljungby. We hung out a lot especially in the end because he started working nights. It was so nice to have someone else to hang out with during the long boring days. He had also helped Meghan and I out in different situations throughout our stay. He drove us to Copenhagen airport at Christmas time and also came to pick us up at the end of our trip. My flight got in about 4 hours before Meghan’s flight so he even came over to hang out with me until she arrived. He cooked us dinner on multiple nights when I didn’t want to cook. Yet again, he drove me to the airport for this trip as well. Moral of the story is that it was very difficult to say goodbye to such a good friend.
     Meanwhile, Tara was feeling better so she came to Jess’s apartment to pick up Emily and I.  We had a nice dinner at a pub where I got a cheeseburger with actual cheddar cheese! It is impossible to find cheddar cheese in Sweden. All three of us were pretty tired so we just headed back to Tara’s house and basically went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment