Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Third and Final Match of Quarterfinals


     Saturday, March 17th, was our last match of playoffs and of the season. We played at Katrineholms one last time. Once again, they proved that they were in control the whole time. We lost 10-25 12-25 16-25. I am sad that the season is over, but I am also ready for a little break from volleyball. I’m sure by the time I am home again I will be dying to play.
     The club surprised us on the bus home with some beer and wine. Also when we returned to Ljungby, the other members of the club were waiting for us. They had dinner and more alcohol! It was really fun to just hang out and party with everyone on the team and the club board for one last time.
     It wasn’t my most successful season, but we still did accomplish quite a bit this season. Our record was 4-17. That is so very difficult for me to say, but if you look at the season from a different angle it isn’t as bad. This was Ljungby Volleybollklubb’s first year in the Elitserien. It is very very rare that a rookie team makes it to playoffs. It is a big accomplishment to make playoffs and secure the team’s spot in the Elitserien next season too.

No comments:

Post a Comment