Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Match of Quarterfinals


     I have not been keeping up with my blog per day promise. I am terribly sorry! Here is what happened this weekend.
     I awoke at 3am Sunday morning from my stomach hurting. An hour later, I started throwing up. I was sick a few times with the last time being at 8am. Our bus was supposed to leave for our match at 9am! After talking with my coaches, they decided that it was best if I did not go to the match. Of course, I was not ok with this decision. I told them that I wanted to go still and that I wanted to play. After some convincing, they told me that our club president was driving to the game at 10:30 and if I didn’t get sick again before then that I could go with him. I slept until it was time to go and slept a little bit more in the car too. I even ate a banana and some crackers. I wasn’t feeling very good still, but I hadn’t gotten sick again so they allowed me to play.
     This wasn’t the first time that I had played after throwing up all night! Last season at Illinois, I had the stomach flu 3 times in one month! I knew that no matter how I felt I still had to give full energy on the court. We lost in 3 games still, but I was really happy with how our team played. We played great defense! The scores were 15-25 14-25 22-25. We stuck right with them up until about 9-9 each game before Katrineholms rolled away with the set. We have had a problem with starting strong all season, but we didn’t in this match. Now we are looking to take our strong start and combine it with our typical strong finish for our match on Wednesday at home!
     After playing on Sunday, I had no energy. I slept most of the day on Monday and had a good night’s sleep again last night. I still don’t feel like I have my typical energy back, but tomorrow will be a different story. We are expecting to have around 700 people at the match! I feel very positive about this match. I know everyone is going to be giving 100%, and I can’t wait to see how we do! You will be able to watch live stats at 1pm cst at http://www.cupassist.com/pa/livescore/?nr=17642493.

No comments:

Post a Comment