Sunday, November 6, 2011

#winningrecord

     We played Svedala on Saturday afternoon. We won in three sets, 25-15 25-9 25-15. I don’t really have much to say about the match except that everyone played really well. We had 38 kills, 9 aces, and 3 blocks. On the other hand, we held Svedala to 14 kills, 3 aces, and 0 blocks. Our outside hitter, Sofie, had a really great game! She had 5 aces and 7 kills with only 1 error. They don’t keep stats on digs, but she also played great defense. Meghan got ‘Player of the Game’ this match! She had 1 ace, 2 kills, and 2 blocks. She does a good job of leading our team, as a setter should do. She got flowers, a wallet, a lanyard, a hat, and a pair of socks. She didn’t want the socks so I got them! Ljungby Volleybollklubb is now 2-1, and we are in 3rd place in the Elitserien division!!!
     I needed to take a night off from going out and dancing and all the craziness. Instead, Meghan, Daniel, Mattias, Joel, and I headed to Växjö to see a movie. When we arrived to claim our tickets, we were informed that we did not have seats. The lady said that Daniel booked the tickets for Stockholm! Our options were to see Contagion like we had planned, but we had to sit in the front row; OR we could wait an hour to see In Time, but we would still have to sit in the front row. It was an obvious decision. The movie was all right. It had a good story and plot to it, but it was very slow. Mattias actually fell asleep; none of the Swedes liked the movie. As we got to the car, Daniel realized that he didn’t have his phone. He headed back to the theater while we went to get the car to pick him up back at the theater. He found his phone, and we were back on our way to Ljungby.
     Sunday morning was a much-needed relaxing morning! I had an hour massage that was great. She only worked on my legs, back, and shoulders. All of those are so tight though that it hurt the whole time. It was a great pain though! I could use a massage like that on a weekly basis. Then maybe, just maybe, my shoulders would lose some of their tension. After my massage, I decided to take a bubble bath. It was a fantastic decision. I read my book for a while and then listened to my dad’s sermon online from Immanuel. It was all very relaxing!
     To view pictures from the match, go to http://brightphoto.se/start/svedala-overkort. To view full stats from the match, go to http://www.cupassist.com/pa/livescore/women/stats.php?year=2011&id=M_W11_10-1112.htm. I will warn you though that the stats are still not completely accurate. They are better than last week's though!
Here are two short side stories that go along with things from above:
     I am very happy that I took the weekend off from going out, but I was also sad about it too. The bar in town was having Halloween at Harry’s! I could have had the opportunity to wear my Wilma costume, and not be the only person in town dressed up. Yes, on Halloween I wore my Wilma Flintstone costume; complete with dress, necklace, wig, bone, and sandals. I got some interesting looks especially since I was the only person in the whole town to dress up on Halloween day! I even had someone ask me why I was dressed up; it was sad. I missed out on my chance to be Wilma and not have people think I am crazy in the head!
      Daniel’s lost phone was not his first lost item. Meghan and I have a spare key to our apartment that we need to give to someone in case we lock ourselves out. Two weeks ago, we had officially decided that we were going to give it to Daniel. This same week, Daniel lost his keys at practice twice! They were eventually found both times. Then on the weekend, the coat check people somehow lost his coat. His keys were in his coat pocket. Now this encounter wasn’t really his fault, but this time his keys were lost for good. Needless to say, Meghan and I have still not given our spare key to anyone. We are looking for a new candidate...

No comments:

Post a Comment