Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Best Practice Ever


     I do not think I could have imagined a better practice tonight! All weekend my lower back had been hurting and was super tight. This has been an issue for me in the past especially during high school and club days when I would play multiple matches a day and standing a lot. So for me today’s practice started out with… wait for it… MASSAGE! I got a 15-20 minute massage just on my lower back. It was so painful; she had to remind me multiple times to keep breathing. But just like John Cougar Mellencamp says, it hurt so good! She worked out a lot the tightness. It was seriously exactly what I needed. After that, I just rode a bike for a little while before it was team aerobics time. We rolled out a big long gymnastic mat. We did different kicks, somersaults, cartwheels, and jumps all down the mat! For those of you who don’t know, I cannot do a somersault so naturally I cannot even come close to doing a cartwheel. After I finished my embarrassing attempt at cartwheels, I ran and grabbed my camera to get the rest of the girls on video! At least I wasn't the only one who can't do a cartwheel. :)
     After that, we all changed into our swimming suits. We had to swim 5 down and backs. Another fun fact about me is that I don’t know how to swim. Many people have tried to teach me, and I just cannot do it. So I doggy paddled the whole way (and just walked some times when my feet could touch the bottom haha). Needless to say, I was the last one done. We finished off ‘practice’ with sitting in the sauna for a bit before showering and heading home. Like I said at the beginning, best practice ever!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo, sounds like you are having fun! Your pictures of Simba in the last couple posts made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete