Sunday, September 11, 2011

Shopping!!!!! :)


     Before I get to the shopping part, here is quick apartment update. Friday after practice, we moved into our apartment! Everyone from the team came over to help unload the truck. The apartment is really big and nice. Right now, our bedrooms look kind of funny because they are huge, but they only have a bed in them (and I have a table). Once we have unpacked everything, then I will show everyone around the apartment with pictures or a video.
      Daniel invited Meghan and I to go to Växjö, a ‘big city’, with him and a friend on Saturday. Växjo is definitely much bigger than Ljungby, but it still would not be considered a big city in American terms. The city does have a lot of shopping though! Meghan and I went off on our own, but we were told to stay on this one street or we would get lost. We went into a lot of stores, but we were more just looking than really shopping. After walking the whole street, we decided to sit down and just people watch. We weren’t watching so much what people did or say, but simply what they wore. There we sat: me in my flared jeans and Meghan in her sporty fleece jacket. We noticed that there were 2 main pieces of clothing that set us aside from these Swedes who had such style. Everyone wears skinny jeans. Male or female, grandma or kindergarten boy, it does not matter. The other piece of clothing that everyone seems to have is a nice jacket. They don’t wear jackets like our Columbia or NorthFace jackets. They wear nice leather jackets or a blazer or a cute fitted coat. With this knew knowledge of what we needed to have ‘style’, we were now ready to actually shop, but we would still need some help. We met back up with Daniel and his friend, David, and now our teammate Jaz was meeting us too. We ate a delicious lunch at an Italian restaurant, and then headed to the mall. We told Jaz that we have no style and that she needed to help us! Our first stop was H&M where Jaz basically just handed us clothes and said try this on. Meghan and I both found some clothes that we liked and some that we cried laughing. I really did have tears in my eyes while trying on a pair of skinny jeans that I could not get past my knees! Meghan had to help me get the jeans back off. We were quite a sit to see! I ended up with a shirt and a dress at this store, while Meghan got a pair of skinny jeans (the exact ones that I couldn’t get on). We went in a few other stores, but only had success in one other store. At Cubus, I found a pair of black skinny jeans that actually fit me in the waist and thighs. And guess what? They were long enough too! I couldn’t believe. Oh, and they were also only 200kr ($30). After my new stylish purchases, there was one more thing that I would need, a pair of cute black boots. We went to a boot store that is buy one get one free, but we left there empty handed. So my wardrobe is not complete yet, but I am on my way to having come stylish European clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment